Monday, June 7, 2010

Being Crafty

Last month, I bought a package of stitch markers from the Knitter's Frolic extravaganza.  A loop of yarn had sufficed before that but such is the way of our world today that simple just does not seem to do.  They are beautiful in their simplicity and when I really looked at them...not that hard to make.  Scrounging around a craft store yesterday, I found a few supplies to get started and whipped these up in no time.  The peridot made me think of a co-worker who has made this shade her signature colour.  I'm going to surprise her today with a little present.  Thank goodness she knits!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely! Your colleague will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh those are fun! It's funny you should mention this, as, on a slight tangent I'm thinking of taking up jewellery making to supplement my domestic arts (is jewellery making a domestic art though?) and have found some rather fun looking workshops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and they turned out so beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are beautiful! So much better than my ugly little green and peach plastic ones (purchased years ago in a pinch). K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely! I'm sure your coworker is going to be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! How do they work, though? I'm unfamiliar with stitch counters, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cornflower, Thank you...and she was!

    verity, The results put a smile on your face and it's a lot of fun. Give it a try!

    Book Psmith, Thank you! I'll be keeping my eyes open for beads AND wool now.

    Kristina, They won't do at all...I'll make you a set.

    makedoandread, She was pretty excited and mentioned that they were just her colour straight away.

    booksnob, You slip them onto your knitting needle to mark a spot where you will have to increase or decrease. It's like a reminder that something has to happen. If you're doing some mindless knitting or watching tv it's so easy to find yourself cursing that you've knit way past a crucial point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous. Sadly not being a knitter I didn't know about stitch counters - instead I thought your photo was of some rather colourful and beautiful brooches!

    ReplyDelete