Sunday, February 15, 2009

Embossed Leaves

Tonight I'm going to start the toe on this sock and it should be interesting, the pattern decreases in such a way as to create a star design. It may very well end up looking like some other constellation. The Louet Gems wool is very soft to work with and the Waving Lace socks, made with Gems as well, have held up just swell through a few washings. Not to mention 25 minutes in the dryer when I suddenly remembered that I had forgot to hang them to dry. For the five seconds that it took me to run from the kitchen to the laundry room I thought Deacon had himself a pair of paw warmers. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. The sock looks stunning! I have a great appreciation for handmade knits now. I'm just about done my sock and can't wait to start on the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete